The Process of Creating a Web Site
Here’s what I do:
- Start with a free consultation.
- Purpose – WHY do you want or need a web site?
- Goals – WHAT do you need the site to do for you?
- Style – HOW do you want it to look and act?
- Use a professional proposal and quoting process.
- Ask you to sign a contract and terms of service to set the scope and responsibilities for each of us on this project
- Use milestones to ensure accountability; you’ll know exactly where I am in the process.
- Assist you in leasing a Domain name
- Set up a Hosting account for your web site.
- Show you a design concept and implement the colors, branding images, and feature set to your specifications.
- Create a site from the ground up or redesign the existing site.
- Ensure mobile compatibility (included) and responsive design (on request).
- Make security a priority.
- Test all sites on multiple browsers and operating systems before launching your new site.
- Show you how to manage your site (Two hours of instruction are included)
- I offer a great maintenance and security package for monthly service of your web site.
Here’s what you do:
- Meet with me to outline the project.
- Know what you want. If you need inspiration or suggestions, I will help and/or refer you to a marketing specialist.
- Have a budget ready.
- Assign one person as a contact.
- Make all necessary files and logins available to me.
- Ensure your own computers and networks are secure and free of malware prior to accessing the server where the web site is hosted.
- Enjoy the new site!
Need more help? Just ask!