I offer book design and layout; ebook file formatting and conversion (the correct way); and publishing for both print and ebooks.
Book Design and Layout
- Guaranteed to be approved by all major publishers
- Front matter (Titles, copyright, tables of content, etc.)
- Back matter (Appendix, glossary, bibliography, etc.)
- Illustrations and photos
- Page headings
- Correct use of chapter titles, blank pages, page numbers, footnotes, and more
- Orphan and widow control
- Hyphenation management
- Appropriate styling for the genre
- Formatting for all major ebook publishers: Smashwords, Amazon Kindle, Apple, Google, B&N Nook, etc.
- File formatting: doc, pdf, epub, mobi, etc.
- Linked Table of Contents (if applicable)
- All text formatting intact (bold, italics, underline, etc.)
- Graphics, including picture books
- Active hyperlinks to web content
- Creating online accounts for your distributors
- Uploading applicable files and approving proofs
I highly recommend CreateSpace for printing your book. They have careful formatting requirements, great options for distribution, and are reasonably priced. I’ve worked with them many times and can help you through the process. Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing is another good choice, especially if you will also be publishing an ebook.
POD book services
The king of ebooks is still Amazon.com, and their Kindle Direct Publishing service is a must. Smashwords is an indie ebook distributor that will offer your book on their web site and handle the sales for you. I recommend them for all ebook authors.