I offer book design and layout (formatting/typesetting); ebook file formatting and conversion (the correct way); and publishing for both print and ebooks.
Book Design and Layout
- Guaranteed to be approved by all major publishers
- Front matter (Titles, copyright, tables of content, etc.)
- Back matter (Appendix, glossary, bibliography, etc.)
- Illustrations and photos
- Page headings
- Correct use of chapter titles, blank pages, page numbers, footnotes, and more
- Orphan and widow control
- Hyphenation management
- Appropriate styling for the genre
- Formatting for all major ebook publishers: Smashwords, Amazon Kindle, Apple, Google, B&N Nook, etc.
- File formatting: doc, pdf, epub, mobi, etc.
- Linked Table of Contents (if applicable)
- All text formatting intact (bold, italics, underline, etc.)
- Graphics, including picture books
- Active hyperlinks to web content
- Creating online accounts for your distributors
- Uploading applicable files and approving proofs
How does it work?
1. Fill out a simple questionnaire to tell me about your project.
2. We will schedule a phone consultation to discuss the work.
3. Send me your manuscript in Word format; I would be glad to sign a confidentiality agreement if you wish.
4. I will send you a quote for the project with the scope of the work included.
5. If you agree to the quote, I will send you my Terms of Service and an invoice for the first 50% of the project fee.
6. I will keep you informed of my progress and we will communicate throughout the project. We will agree on milestones to discuss the progress. I will send samples for your approval.
7. At the conclusion of the project, I will send you the invoice for the second half of the project fee.
8. You will receive your final, high-quality deliverables, usually a PDF for a print book and either a PDF or a Word document (or both) for an ebook.
If you need assistance with print on demand, I will create an account for you, set up the book to be published, upload the files, keep track of the progress, and make modifications if necessary.
I can consult on POD, suggest keywords and genre choices, and refer you to an experienced writer for descriptions and blurbs.
I highly recommend CreateSpace for printing your book. They have careful formatting requirements, great options for distribution, and are reasonably priced. I’ve worked with them many times and can help you through the process. Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing is another good choice, especially if you will also be publishing an ebook.
POD book services
The king of ebooks is still Amazon.com, and their Kindle Direct Publishing service is a must. Smashwords is an indie ebook distributor that will offer your book on their web site and handle the sales for you. I recommend them for all ebook authors.